Friday, June 1, 2007

oreo recipe

To make the cookies:
2 boxes Devil's Food Cake mix
1 cup shortening
4 eggs

*Knead ingredients with hands until dark brown, and sticks together. Make small balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes. Cookies must be cool before applying icing.

To make the icing:

*In a medium bowl beat together the following ingredients:
8 oz. softened cream cheese
1 stick butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar

* Must keep cookies/icing in the fridge!

3 comments:

Englishfam said...

So glad that you posted this recipe!!! I am going to make these one day when I need a good homemade oreo fix!

Gallegos Family said...

YEA!!!! Thank you so much! The kids and I will make them this week!
love this site!

HeaddaMarie said...

I am so glad that you posted this!! Ever since you made them I have been wanting them...So we went and got the ingredients...and it did NOT, repeat NOT turn out all pretty like yours. I would have replied sooner but tomorrow I am deciding to make them according to your recipe...minus the homemade frosting..I will still stick w/the yummy already made stuff (and also cause the only cream cheese I have is for the Cinnamon Rolls frosting...and I don't want to go to the store to buy more! I will let you know how they turn out!! YAY!! I'm so excited! I hope they turn out!