Saturday, June 2, 2007

Nook & Cranny

Old sinks, chairs, benches and tables lined the parking lot outside this lovely antique shop. My favorite piece was the miniature children's hutch with its clever mint green paint. A little touch-up, some new hinges and knobs, and it would make a charming addition to any nursery. They just don't make them like they used to!

This was one of my favorite hutches inside the shop, which featured several unique items from local sellers. Heather loved the pigs on the motorcycle and I loved the old-fashioned bowls and eggbeaters. Vintage movie posters, soda bottles and vinyls make me absolutely giddy with delight!
I grabbed my cousin Heather this morning and we decided to do a quick bit of antique shopping in Lehi. We found a fabulous little store called "Nook & Cranny", where any vendor can come and sell their wares for free on Saturdays from 9-3 PM. I love this quaint old town!

5 comments:

Englishfam said...

Ok, I hope that people don't really think I liked the pigs on the motorcycle, I just thought it was hilarious that anyone was actually trying to sell it! Funny! I loved the hutch as well, thanks for a fun outing to a new fantastic find!

Englishfam said...

p.s. I love the picture of the cupcakes-so colorful and look so yummy! I also still need to see Marie Antoinette.

ash said...

It's only open on Saturday's OR people can come and sell things on Saturday, but it's open every other day? I'm pretty sure I need to go.

Where is it in Lehi?

Miss Megan said...

Ashley-

You can bring things to sell every other Saturday, but the shop is open every day except Sunday. Here is the website address: http://www.the-nookandcranny.com/index.html
I couldn't believe how cheap most of their items were! I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Plus if you mention the website I think they will give you 5% off your total purchase. Happy hunting!

Marie said...

Sometime we ought to go antique shopping. . . I don't ever buy anything, but I'm just fascinated by things that were made a generation or two ago. And it's always more fun to window shop with a friend.