Friday, June 1, 2007

over-qualified

One of my long-ago dreams was to be a journalist. I wanted to work for a newspaper writing fantastic, groundbreaking, case-cracking reports. I wanted to win awards. I wanted to travel the world and immerse myself in other cultures. I was going to visit the great cities and destinations of our planet. I was going to feast on the cupcakes of life. I wanted to write columns of love advice, review the best restaurants, movies, books, art and television.

Of course all of that changed when I "settled down", got married and had a child. Don't get me wrong, I love my life, but I still carry those dreams in my heart. Even though I don't have a degree in journalism, I still think my experiences thus far have made me overqualified (if anything) to let my voice out and share some beautiful things on this blog. I hope that you enjoy my ramblings on this thing called life. Buon apetito!

3 comments:

Englishfam said...

I am so proud of you for following your heart and doing things that make you happy and nobody else. That is one of my favorite qualities about you. And if any of you weren't sure, she is DEFINITELY over qualified!! :)

Gardner Family said...

hehehhee I love it....I think it's great that we have our own blogs besides the fmaily ones. I always felt that i couldn't really be open or ramble on because of who reads the blog. for example - Dan's Dad and Grandma often check the Gardner blog for updates on Ben and our life. So yah for cupcakes, dieting...and whatever else we want to talk about!

Marie said...

I'm so glad that you're doing this. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back onto the blogs. I'm hoping I'm back to stay. :D And I look forward to reading all your thoughts on things.