Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oscar Fashion 2011

Cupcake Chowder presents:
4th annual best dressed at the Oscars!

Our best dressed goes to Oscar host and fashion darling Anne Hathaway. I would like to give other ladies a chance to make my list, but Anne consistently out-glams and out-shines them all. I thought she pulled off this beautiful red Valentino nicely (especially the train!), and her hair, make-up and jewelry made the ensemble practically perfect.
First runner-up belongs to "best actress" Natalie Portman. The first time winner and mom-to-be looked beautiful in a plum colored Rodarte gown. I wasn't a huge fan of the shoes and earrings, but she was still lovely and graceful as she walked up the Oscar stage.
Second runner-up is Reese Witherspoon. All the men at my house agreed that she looked incredible in this simple black and white Armani Prive dress. I loved her sleek hair and bold emerald earrings. As someone who consistently nails the red carpet look, it was nice to see her back at the Academy Awards.The Miss Congeniality Award goes to Sandra Bullock. She was hilarious as she presented the best actor award - but I especially loved her in this gorgeous Vera Wang gown. Her hair wasn't my favorite, but otherwise I thought she looked great. Eat your heart out Mr. James!Honorable Mention belongs to Oscar presenter Halle Berry. Like Sandra, Halle has had a rough year, but I thought she looked amazing at the Oscars. From her Neil Lane diamond earrings, to her crystal encrusted Marchesa gown, to her glowing skin - Halle looked absolutely radiant! But enough about my opinion...Who was your favorite red carpet diva?

*Photos courtesy of Getty Images.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer Hudson in her tangerine! She was poised and glamourous and that color was a magnificent standout.

Ann Marie said...

Reese did look lovely..
Since I didn't see anything other than your choices.. I like yours!

Sheron said...

I also enjoyed Helen Mirren(always classy) and Nancy O'Dell. Still not sure about Sandra though...while I love the dress, her hair and makeup made the girls and me shake our heads.
Oh! and Jennifer Hudson of course = )

Hey Jude said...

I loved, loved, loved Cate Blanchet's lavender beaded gown with the portrait frame bodice. It was a very new version of the classic beaded gown and fun as well as classy. I thought it was adventurous while still being tasteful. Go Cate! Don't know the designer... Meg?

Cristy said...

My favorite was Halle Berry. She was beautiful! I also thought Camila Alves looked amazing. I don't normally go for plunging necklines, but I thought she pulled her dress of amazingly well. So many of the ladies looked gorgeous!

Susan said...

I liked Reese's dress. It color scheme reminded me of Julia Roberts' dress from several years ago.