Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Storytellers Cafe

One of the things I was most looking forward to on our recent trip to Disneyland was the Chip 'n Dale Critter Breakfast at the Storytellers Cafe. Located inside Disney's Grand Californian Hotel (which is now on my bucket list of places I would like to stay), the Storytellers Cafe depicts American storytellers and tall tales in a lush woodland setting.The Chip 'n Dale characters are the cheapest of all the Disney breakfasts (probably because it does not feature the more popular Disney characters like Mickey), but the dining is superior as well. Everyone in our group chose the breakfast buffet, which featured an assortment of egg dishes (scrambled eggs, Eggs Benedict and made-to-order omelets), meats (pineapple glazed ham, sausage, bacon), breads (fresh muffins, croissants, pastries, Mickey waffles) as well as my personal favorite: caramelized french toast. We were also very pleased with the fruit selection which featured many out-of-season delicacies such as watermelon, mangoes, pineapple and strawberries. We paid around $20 per adult, and $12 per child (children under 3 are free), although prices vary during different seasons.Of course the kids weren't as excited about the food as the adults, because they were really there to see their favorite forest characters (which fit perfectly with the style of the restaurant and hotel). We met Meeko (Pocahontas), Koda and Kenai (Brother Bear), Terk (Tarzan) and of course Chip and Dale. Because we went early, the characters were able to spend a lot of time at our table to visit, sign autograph books, and take pictures. I definitely recommend Storytellers Cafe if you have small children that are interested in one-on-one time with the characters.Overall our experience at the restaurant and hotel were very positive. Everyone loved the food, characters, and free valet parking. At some point I would like to try some of the other character breakfasts, but I would definitely return to the Storytellers Cafe again. Like all Disney character breakfasts, the Chip 'n Dale Critters are reservation only, and must be made in advance by calling (714) 781-DINE. Happy eating!

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Carmel French Toast? Oh man! That sounds so good right now! I had no idea such a restaurant existed. Thank you for sharing this with me. When we make it to Disneyland, this is definately on my to do list! Hope you have a wonderful day! -Suzanne

Gardner Family said...

Hey when Dan got back from his deployment, and Ben/Dan bday celebration - we stayed at this hotel and we ate at the same character breakfast for Ben's birthday. Those are some of my fav memories. My Mom and I fell in love with the mickey shaped waffles. We ended up finding a mickey pancake mold the next day at a store in the park. We can now make them!

Gardner Family said...

ok never mind..lol....we had the goofy breakfast, but chip n dale were there. got confused. And I can't remember which hotel we stayed at. Dan is in the background confusing me. LOL. He is saying we stayed at the Disneyland Resort Hotel. But that doesn't sound right. Oh well....yah for Disneyland! You can see our pics when you come up to visit!

Aim said...

You guys do the funnest things! This place looks awesome!

I had no idea that you couldn't see the family blog. Sorry bout that. I sent an invite today! It will say from aimless. Hope it works.

And I would be honored to be linked to your group of blogs. Sign me up!

Lindsay Duerden said...

I LOVE it. Wish I was there!