Thursday, July 31, 2008

Time for dessert!

I'm always on the hunt for adorable, sassy decor for my home... Recently, I was over at my dad's house for Sunday dinner, and was admiring his darling little kitchen clock. "Dad, I want that someday," I casually remarked.

"Take it," he said. "It doesn't keep time very well." (My dad is nothing, if not meticulous about punctuality.)


"Sweet!" I cheered.

Yes, sweet indeed! This lovely plate clock actually works just fine, but even if it didn't I'd still hang it in my house. It's just darling! It was given to our family by a friend many years ago, and although I've turned it over to check for tags or stamps, there is no indication as to where this delicate trifle of a dessert was made, or even purchased. Oh well. It now sits in my kitchen, cheerfully ticking away the hours as I type on the computer.

Who says you can't have your cake and decorate with it too?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute, but I can see why your dad gave it away