Sunday, January 20, 2008

Moon In My Room


My husband and I were at our friends house the other night, and we were making preparations to put the kiddies to bed. As we were setting up the pack n' play in the nursery, we noticed a very life-like replica of the moon hanging on their child's wall. "What is that?" I asked.
"That is a Moon In My Room" my girlfriend replied, smiling. "We bought it for Ryan at Costco. Watch this!"

She then proceeded to pull out a remote control, and suddenly the moon lit-up and became a beautiful glowing orb. With a simple click of the remote control, she could replicate the moon in all its different phases (full, crescent, etc.). Needless to say, we were very impressed! Moon In My Room would make a great gift for that special geek in your life, or to help illustrate lunar phases to a young science student. Being the daughter of an astronomer myself, I can definitely appreciate this fun, yet educational toy.

No comments: