Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2007 reading list completed

At the beginning of 2007, I put together a short checklist of some books that I wanted to read. I made it through most of them, and deviated slightly from my original list from time-to-time. Overall, I would say that I did pretty well. I read over 12,900 pages, and completed 35 books. For avid readers, those numbers are probably pittance. To me however, it's still better than not reading anything at all! (Also: these numbers do not reflect scripture study, magazines or internet sites.) Some of my favorite works of fiction from this year were:

5. Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer.

4. The Beach by Alex Garland.

3. Green Darkness by Anya Seton.

2. The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde.

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling.

I also ventured into some excellent children's lit:

3. Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder.

2. The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare.

1. Bill Peet: An Autobiography by Bill Peet.

There are a couple of books I am sure to read in 2008: The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory and Angels and Demons by Dan Brown (to name a few); as well as anything my book club decides to pick. Any literary suggestions or ideas are most welcome! Please share what you have been reading, or books you had in mind for the upcoming year. I'm excited to hear what interests you.

3 comments:

Englishfam said...

I just started reading "for one more day" by Mitch Albom and am enjoying it. I love his thought provoking books about life. I'll let you borrow it when I am done if you want! I also have the whole pile of books you gave me to read still sitting by my bed. Somehow I need to get scripture reading in there too!!

Anonymous said...

The Alchemist was an incredible book. Definitely very thought-provoking, inspiring, and not in a boring way!

Marie said...

You're inspiring me to keep track of the books that I read . . . I'm really glad you enjoyed the Eyre Affair, and thanks for sharing Green Darkness with me. :^D