Sunday, December 6, 2009

Favorite Things: Christmas edition

Just a few things I love during the holidays:

Why Christmas Trees Aren't Perfect
by Richard H. Schneider

This was a book that my sisters and I had growing up. It's full of beautiful illustrations and a wonderful message of love. This is something I look forward to reading every year at Christmas.
Stephen's Chocolate Raspberry Cocoa
Is there anything better on a chilly winter night than a cup of hot cocoa? And while there are lots of flavors to choose from, chocolate raspberry is my all-time favorite. What is yours?
Frank Capra's It's A Wonderful Life
This tender film always brings a tear to my eye. I love the performances by Donna Reed and Jimmy Stewart, and it's something I can't wait to share with my children. A true holiday classic.
Little People Christmas Nativity
This was a gift to me from my in-laws when I had my baby. The stable plays Away in a Manger, and my little boy loves that there is a Christmas decoration he can actually play with. If you have children, I highly recommend this darling nativity!
A Lovely Way to Spend Christmas
by Kristen Chenoweth

I bought this CD last year on black Friday without ever hearing a single track. Needless to say, it has now become one of my Christmas favorites! Broadway star Kristin Chenoweth sounds absolutely delicious on this holiday CD (especially track 3: The Christmas Waltz). What are some of your favorite Christmas things?

6 comments:

Susan said...

I've always liked the mint chocolate hot chocolate. It's been awhile since I've had any as unfortunately, it's not readily available where I live.

Ann Marie said...

YAY! More favorites!!
The only thing I know is the Raspberry hot chocolate.. and it's a constant friend in my abode!

Now I want that book.. and that CD..
You always give me great ideas!!

NutMeg said...

Ann...do you mean to tell me you have never seen It's A Wonderful Life?! You have some serious explaining to do!!!

Gardner Family said...

I always think of you when I see Kristen C. Did u love it when she was on Glee? I'd love to play an alchiholic one day on tv. Good times.....
PS I have never seen It's a wonderful Life all the way through either......hiding under a table now in fear of the wrath of the WHAT?!?!?!
And my fav hot cocoa will forever be Starbucks - Venti hot cocoa. I have had 3 this week with a peppermint brownie. Thanks to drive thru starbucks I can keep myself warm whlie running errands in 12' weather!

Gardner Family said...

PSS We bought the boys the Little People nativity set this year as a from santa present. Maybe ben will leave my willow tree nativty set alone. he would bring then to bed to sleep with.......dear baby jesus....3 lbs 6 oz.......

Gardner Family said...

I mean 6 lbs 3 oz.......just giving u more comments...;)