Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2009 reading list

My faithful blog readers will know by now that most of the books on this list were not written in 2009, but are merely books that I read in 2009. Here are some of my absolute favorites. (To see my complete 2009 reading list, please join me at www.Goodreads.com). Happy reading!
Nonfiction
5. Men and Angels by James C. Christensen
4. Kabul Beauty School by Deborah Rodriguez
3. The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
2. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
1. The Sense & Sensibility Screenplay & Diaries by Emma Thompson
Children's Literature
4. Christmas in the Country by Cynthia Rylant
3. Sam, Bangs & Moonshine by Evaline Ness
2. Boxes for Katje by Candace Fleming
1. When Royals Wore Ruffles by Chelsea McLarenTeen Fiction
3. Enna Burning by Shannon Hale
2. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsBest re-reads
4. The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder
3. Pagoo by Holling Clancy Holling
2. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
1. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Favorite Fiction
4. The Virgin's Lover by Philippa Gregory
3. Abram's Daughters series by Beverly Lewis
2. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
1. Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy

Total pages read: 19,310
Total books read: 68

What were some of your favorite books from 2009?
Do you have any recommendations for my 2010 reading list?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your choice of books. They are the same kind of thing I read and reflect a varied and solid interest. I think you and your readers may like my new release, Angela 1: Starting Over. I won't plug it, just point the way to it for anyone who may be interested. To learn more, please click on my name and follow the link to my website. Thanks!

Englishfam said...

19,000 pages?!! That is impressive. I am starting "Have a Little Faith" by Mitch Albom that I was given for Christmas. I usually like his books, let's hope this one follows! Love the list.

{Mo} said...

I'm going to have to check out some of the books on your lists.... I just finished Catching Fire and Hunger games and liked them both. I love to see what other people are reading, but I have a hard time recommending books.... I just hate when I say I love something and it's read on my recomendation and then hated!
Thanks for sharing Megan....hope you had a merry Christmas!

dada said...

Impressive reading list Meg -- time for me to cancel cable TV and get some real reading done this year

Susan said...

Let me see, some of my favorite books I've read this year. Check them out, maybe you would like them as well.

The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Jacqueline Kelly (Children)
The Help by Kathryn Stockett (Adult Fiction)
The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde (Science Fiction)
The Secret Diaries of Charlotte Bronte by Syrie James (Adult Fiction)
The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri (Adult Fiction)
Razpunzel's Revenge by Shannon Hale (Teen Fiction)

The rest you can see under my section on GoodReads.

Marie said...

I love that you read so much and have kept track. I'll have to do better this year.

Suzanne said...

My favorite read this year was a book called Raising Up a Family to the Lord. LOVED that book! Wow Megan, you did a lot of reading last year. Good job! I bet your brain is getting fuller with more and more knowledge! -Suzanne