Thursday, October 9, 2008

Halloween cards

A couple of years ago, while I was perusing through a local stationary shop, I stumbled upon these darling Halloween greeting cards made by an artist named Becky Kelly. Originally I had planned to mail them to a friend during the holiday, but I liked them so well I decided to keep them for myself. Yeah, I'm selfish like that. Later, I purchased some $1 black frames at Target, and now the framed "art" comes out every Halloween to sit on my shelf. Aren't they darling? I love Becky Kelly's attention to detail, and at times her work reminds me of classic Suzy's Zoo or Mary Englebright. Along with cards, notepads and stationary, you can also find Becky Kelly books, calendars and other paraphernalia. Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

Marie said...

They are very cute! I especially like the ladybugs dancing on the pumpkin . . . I'm definitely a pumpkin girl!

Ann Marie said...

Well thanks for the claification.. To bad it's not a childrens book.
I love what you did with them though.. They are darling, and I have framed cards too. Soo cute!

Suzanne said...

Brilliant with framing the cards! Absolutely brilliant and cheap! LOVE IT! -Suzanne

Unknown said...

Love the art! I will have to look for her stuff now too.

Gardner Family said...

I love the idea of framing cards. I have a few post cards from Hawaii that I want to frame. Also, I got the idea from my Mom to frame calendar pages that are done with use.