Thursday, January 24, 2008

best costume design


I hate to say, "I told you so."

One of my all-time favorite actresses, Cate Blanchett, has officially been nominated for best actress (Elizabeth: The Golden Age) as well as best supporting actress (I'm Not There) in this year's Academy Awards. I was hoping her performance in Elizabeth would garner her a nom, and it has! Along with that, I was also right about another Oscar prediction: Elizabeth: The Golden Age is also up for best costume design. Did I call it, or what? I'm just taking this moment to bask in the glory of my amazing smartness (yes, I just said "smartness"). Feel free to congratulate me, or better yet, come to our 6th annual Academy Awards party on February 24th, 2008. It's going to be a night of games, treats, and a prize at the end of the evening for the person who predicts the most correct winners. Consider this your official invitation!

No comments: