Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert


For me, it just isn't Christmas until I've been up to Temple Square in Salt Lake City to hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Christmas Concert. With the exception of last year (I had a nursing baby), I have been to the Christmas Concert every year for about the last 10 years. I love going up to the beautiful Conference Center, seeing the lights and nativity, and hearing some of the best music performed by the best choir in the world. I am a little biased however, because my Aunt Lynn sings in the choir (thanks again for the tickets Lynnie!). I think she has such an amazing talent, and I love boasting to people that I have an "in" with someone in the choir.

This year the King's Singers will be performing with the choir, and I can't wait! The choir always get such great musicians, conductors, and singers to come out for their annual Christmas concerts. One of the best Christmas presents I got from my husband last year was the CD, "The Wonder of Christmas" which featured past Christmas performances with the choir. My all-time favorite guest singer, is definitely Bryn Terfel ("Oh, Come, All Ye Faithful"). I love this time of year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sissel was my favorite guest. I'm with ya, they are wonderful.