Sunday, November 11, 2007

next purchase

Jessica Seinfeld (wife of comedian Jerry Seinfeld) just came out with a new cookbook for moms called Deceptively Delicious. Many of you probably saw her on Oprah a few weeks ago. I thought her ideas were so great I decided I needed to pick up a copy of this, and try her healthy recipes. It's basically a way to feed your family good foods without them knowing about it.

Jessica spends one night a week steaming and pureeing raw vegetables and storing them in ziplock baggies in her fridge or freezer. She then pulls them out and throws them into whatever she happens to be cooking that night. Apparently cauliflower, squash, and zucchini make for a really good chocolate cake. She puts pureed vegetables in everything from french toast to spaghetti and meatballs to chocolate brownies (which apparently are Jerry's favorite...he calls them "death row brownies" because he could eat them as a "last meal"). I love that Jessica is just a mom who was tired of trying to make her kids eat their vegetables.

*The question I keep asking myself is why can't I come up with a million dollar idea like this one?!

No comments: