Monday, September 24, 2007

My Favorite Things: Halloween Edition




Two words: Edward Cullen. *sigh* I can't say enough good things about this tasty little dish of Vampire love called Twilight! It was written for teenagers, yet is interesting and compelling enough for adults. I loved Stephenie Meyer's take on the Vampire story...I was held in suspense until the very last page. P.S. I just started her third book, Eclipse, tonight. I think my husband will be happy when I finally finish this series so that our lives can return to normal again.

















I love just about everything Jim Shore does. From their colorful Santa figurines, to nostalgic Disney pieces, and obviously their cute Halloween witches. I'm a collector, so for me there is nothing more exciting than my next Jim Shore purchase, particularly when it's on a trip up to the Gardner Village Christmas Shoppe.













Fall means fresh apples right from the tree, and that of course means caramel apples! An apple by itself is merely good, but dip it in luscious caramel and then roll it through some sort of sugary confection...now that's divine! Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory's are a little pricey, but your mouth will certainly thank you for the splurge.














The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
. My favorite Halloween movie of all-time. Sure, I like Tim Burton's version as well, but this one is something I can actually watch with the kiddies. Call me nostalgic, but I love when the cool weather hits. I grab a big quilt, pop some popcorn, and settle in for 30 minutes of spooky fun with this Washington Irving treasure (which actually follows the book verbatim). Plus, the sound of Bing Crosby's melodious voice gets me in the mood for my next favorite holiday...

1 comment:

Marie said...

So glad you explained Edward Cullen . . . something I'll have to read when I have time again. I also love the Disney version of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (especially when paired with Mr. Toad). We usually also watch a few Hitchcock movies around Halloween too. I can't stand horror movies, but I love great suspense. :D